This will be my place for random editing products/tests. Hey, I'm allowed to have such a place, too! Yes I am.
I've recently done some work on this project, and made some progress:
- implemented the basics of a "ghost mode" for spectators
- got the floating team markers working
- revamped the object creation system
- implemented a new system for menue control (still one-button)
Expect some more (major) progress due next week, as I have a whole week of free time to waste on this sucker! Yay!
I have stopped working on this project. Don't worry, though, as I will input all work done to my new project: http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=142
Please read this, too: http://www.jkhub.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1143#1143
This project will be my JK masterpiece. I'll probably never complete it, but will work on it whenever I have time (and feel like it). Don't expect too frequent updates.
This is just a little information about the status of the project.
I've started implementing a method of defining teams in standard JK deathmatch (they don't work when JK's teamplay is activated). Teams are identified by floating symbols above the players' heads. I'll be needing testers in a short while, since this is the key feature of my upcoming project "Ultimate CTF", and I have to make sure it works before I start a project this big.
I've completed the mod. I'm releasing it now for WAN-Testing (I could only test it using the multi-instance trick). Feel free to provide feedback and bug reports on the forum.
The mod is in it's alpha status now. All the main functionality is done. Things still left to do:
- pre-match backpack destruction
I've also created a platform model (which sucks, of course, but I guess it's better than a default box).
I was surprised how easy the scoring system was to implement (both player- and teamwise). This success got dimmed by a bug in the platform creation/synchronization code I found, though. The problem is the SetThingPos() verb, which does not update the sector. This can result in a joining player searching the wrong sector for a hologram, not finding one, and finally seeing a healtpack instead of a spinning hologram of the platform owner.
I'll post a new version when this bug is fixed.
The main platform creation/synchronization/capturing works now. I just hope that JK got a trigger stack, or there will be problems when playing over the internet (16 triggers get sent at the same time in a worst case scenario). Might have to build in a synchronization check thingie...
The next big thing that has to be done is score calculations.
I have dug out the old sources and am continuing work on this project.