JK and MotS Editing >> Modeling >> Can't collide with my custom 3do     (Moderator: Admins) Previous Topic | Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
 Author 

Hi,

I built a custom 3do, a simple block (12x12x24 m), added the block to my level, inserted the template inherited from crate4_3, but I can't collide with it. More strange: If I place the block in a shaft, so I can drop on its upper surface, there are some areas where I'm falling through completely, at other parts of the 12x12 upper surface I'falling through the visible surface, but some meters down Kyle is landing on an invisible surface I can walk on (with the metal footstep sound inherited from crate4_3; after some steps I'm falling down the rest of the way to the shaft ground.

Same problem if the block rises some meter out of the shaft so I should collide with its side surfaces, but nothing. I can pass the surface.

How can I solve this problem? Any idea?

Edit: I found out, the collision block is displaced 8 m up. But I don't know how to bring the collision block 8 m down so it matches the visible surfaces of the 3do

Edit: Editing the hierarchy nodes ensures that collision block and visible block match each other, but I don't find a way to center my 3do (so the 0/0/0 coordinates of the thing are in its geometrical centre). Neutral
Post 11-Dec-2016 14:54        

My process is that I always center my 3do on the origin (graph center) prior to exporting it. This will be the location of the green dot that you use to select the 3do and position it in your level (it's important to note that it does not have to be within your models boundaries). When I add the 3do to my level, I create a new template by pressing the 3do button, selecting the 3do file, typing the 3do model name as the template, and selecting _walkstruct as the parent. Add a description if you want, but don't change the bounding box values. For simple, single section 3dos, you should not have to do anything with the 3do hierarchy.
Post 13-Dec-2016 10:43        

When exporting from N/J/ZED, if there are no heirarchies set in the 3DO Heirarchy, the model is usually centered according to which sector you have selected at the time. If it is simply one mesh (and simple), removing the nodes from 3DO Heirachry usually centers it. Alternatively one would feed it through 3DO Converter and check the Center option.

But something so simple would end up so "out there" is a bit of a mystery. But I believe it has happened on very rare occasions.

When exporting from N/J/ZED, if there are no heirarchies set in the 3DO Heirarchy, the model is usually centered according to which sector you have selected at the time. If it is simply one mesh (and simple), removing the nodes from 3DO Heirachry usually centers it. Alternatively one would feed it through 3DO Converter and check the Center option.

But something so simple would end up so "out there" is a bit of a mystery. But I believe it has happened on very rare occasions.

Post 07-Jan-2017 14:52        

Thanks for your help! I learned something new about 3dos - and I found a workaround for my misbehaving 3do
*** Post commands are unavailable for guests. ***