ZeqMacaw's report on 1.0 Beta:
* I hate the exe installer. I would rather have a zip of all needed files and a brief text-only file with instructions of where to put the files and what they do.
* Complaints about the installer:
- It takes up entire screen (even taskbar), which made it annoying to find the program for pasting a screenshot of an error message (see next complaint) into.
- At the end of installation, a window showed this message (shortened): "JK Patcher has not been totally installed [...]: CRC error - cannaot install [...] On.wav [...]". Indeed, the off.wav file existed in the location given, but not on.wav.
- In the window for entering the JK folder, I left it blank, so the installer installed into D:\ (which was fine with me, for this test). I noticed that the Uninstall.exe was placed in this folder. It should not be in that folder, but rather placed in the JKPatcher folder.
- Running the JKPatcher from D:\JKPatcher folder resulted in a "This program has performed an illegal operation [...]" window. And no, JK was not installed in D:\.
- I re-ran the installer to see if the on.wav would be installed; it was not.
- I then re-ran the installer into the JK folder as suggested. The on.wav error message still appeared, and the on.wav file still did not show up.
* Running the JKPatcher from the proper place (the JKPatcher folder that is in the JK folder) still resulted in the "illegal operation" error window.
* Uninstalling it showed a window saying it had been uninstalled, but the folder and files still remained, except for the uninstall.exe itself.