General >> General JK and MotS Discussion >> Mysteries of the Sith on Vista Crashes     (Moderator: Admins) Previous Topic | Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
 Author 

Greetings,
Since acquiring Windows Vista, I've installed a few of my favorite games on it. These include Dark Forces 2 and Mysteries of the Sith. The problem I'm about to address pertains to both games, but I'm focusing on Mots.

I install the game with no problems, hit play, the game loads up (still no problems) I enter my name select new game and the mission loads up.

Now this is where things really start to piss me off. Whether it is the actual game or a downloaded fan mission, I still have this problem.
While I am in actual gameplay (single or multiplayer) the screen suddenly goes black, then the message: "Entering Power Saver Mode" appears and the computer just stops.

Like I said, this problem occurs when I'm playing the actual game. It doesn't happen right when the mission loads either. I could be five minutes in or thirty minutes in. It varies.

Also sometimes while I'm playing, the game freezes and it makes a strange repeating sound and the screen then goes fuzzy and the computer dies.

Sorry this is really long, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. If anyone else has expirienced this problem, please write back.

Thank you for your time.
Post 22-Dec-2009 17:50        

Okay, I've got the game to work now. It doesn't crash anymore. By the way, anyone know where I can get a Mod Manager?
*** Post commands are unavailable for guests. ***