General >> General JK and MotS Discussion >> JK DF2 Ultimate patches in your Projects section.     (Moderator: Admins) Previous Topic | Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
 Author 

Hi, I'm new to the forums as of 2-22-15. My older laptop had an AMD A6 APU (cpu) with a built in 6520g HD graphics card with Windows 7. Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 ran just fine with the command line arguments to the executable such as: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lucasarts\Jedi Knight\JK.EXE" -windowGUI -displayconfig. I also ran Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 Enhanced from this site: http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-enhanced/downloads/jedi-knight-enhanced-10. As you may know, enhanced had updated graphics for the game. Then in 2013 I got a new laptop that had Windows 8 on it (now its updated to Windows 8.1) and an Intel core i7 3630QM 3rd Gen CPU and an Nvidia Geforce 670MX 3GB GDDR5 graphics card. With this laptop, Jedit Knight would start and run but I only got a black screen. I could hear the sound but couldn't see anything. I had the -windowGUI and -displayconfig set as well in the shortcut to JK.EXE. Then I found your site, I'm glad I did, and downloaded Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 and MOTS ultimate patches in your project section and they worked! No more black screen. However, I can't run the enhanced mod no more because it has different executables that work with the mod and the ultimate patches will not. Is there anyway that you might know of that I can get it to work. I like the enhanced graphics. But if not, thats okay, I can still hang with the older graphics. Or is there another mod that will work with the ultimate patches?

Thanks for any help!

Secret Society...
Post 07-Mar-2015 17:37        

Actually you shouldn't even need the ultimate patches. Just install JK Enhanced as you normally would and then download the wrapper dgVoodoo and put the files into the JK directory.
http://dege.freeweb.hu/

The ultimate patches also contain these files and that's what fixes 3D acceleration.
*** Post commands are unavailable for guests. ***