Amazing!!     (Moderator: LibSa Norec) Previous Topic | Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
 Author 

Ive been wanting to do a CoD:WaW style mod for a long time. If you need levels let me know!!
Post 26-Jun-2017 21:54        

This looks FANTASTIC...!!! Gonna haveta fire up ol' JK again

_Glitch(!)_
Post 27-Jun-2017 17:57        

Yeah, I would also love to make a map and/or 3dos for this.
Post 27-Jun-2017 21:42        

well, thank you guys

I'd love to have some new maps! I tried making some simple, open field levels but sadly I suck far too much at level designing to make anything interesting that provides more strategic gameplay - usually by the end of the round it always comes down to an explosive frenzy where everyone on the map is at the same place exchanging bullets grenades at the enemy team trying to capture/defend that last flag. At that point it's usually around 700 deaths in both teams (yeah, somehow, it's pretty stable - I haven't experienced any crashing yet).

In fact, I might even take this a step further and make it include more scenarios than just Soviets vs. Nazis in WWII considering how JKGR also includes some Star Wars weapons I might just recreate some scenes from the movies in this style (say - battle of hoth?).

I'm also interested in new methods for path finding, as the one I'm using currently isn't very efficient (especially for more complex maps). The advantage is that it's pretty quick and it doesn't involve node placement, so the AI will look for flags automatically based on just their class cogs and it would be great if I could keep it this way. I've considered having them scan all the adjoins in a pulse and seek the ones that would lead them the fastest to the nearest flag? Maybe have the flag take care of automatically creating nodes at startup?
Post 28-Jun-2017 10:50        

Awesome!

(For a Hoth level you can get started with TODOA 2-, darthbabe96's Snowtrooper model and BSR's 3DOs, wink wink)

Last edited by FastGamerr on 02-Jul-2017 18:07; edited 1 time in total
Post 30-Jun-2017 18:14        

pretty damn cool!
Post 02-Jul-2017 12:36        

This look super cool!

Have you tried some of the Massassi Level Pack levels? There might be one in there worth testing with.
Post 09-Jul-2017 17:55        

I'm currently animating an AT-AT model. Was going to use BSR's hoth stuff, but his AT-AT doesnt animate well. Its a great static piece, but beyond that it is lacking.
Also working on Hoth Turrets, speeder bikes, etc so if you need high res resources let me know.
Send me an email (Mewvttd@gmail.com) or drop a line on Skype (ZeroRaven87) and we can discuss your map design ideas and wants.
Post 10-Jul-2017 17:09        

Well, got ol' JK up & running on the comp again... any chance you might upload this for a peek at it...?

Thanks,

_Glitch(!)_

email: kwsmith@technologist.com
Post 12-Jul-2017 22:40        

I'm working on it. The level itself is done, but I've got to finish some stuff in the mod first (the level won't run without the latest version of the mod).

Xzero wrote:
This look super cool!

Have you tried some of the Massassi Level Pack levels? There might be one in there worth testing with.

Thanks! That is a really good idea. Sadly most levels there have more complex designs than my AI can (currently) handle. Still need to figure out an efficient path finding method. I'm trying to stay away from nodes, but I fear it's the best method there is.

Zero Raven wrote:
I'm currently animating an AT-AT model. Was going to use BSR's hoth stuff, but his AT-AT doesnt animate well. Its a great static piece, but beyond that it is lacking.
Also working on Hoth Turrets, speeder bikes, etc so if you need high res resources let me know.
Send me an email (Mewvttd@gmail.com) or drop a line on Skype (ZeroRaven87) and we can discuss your map design ideas and wants.

Awesome! Maybe I could even modify my cars cog to make drivable speeders I don't mean to disappoint you guys but keep in mind the Hoth level is not something I'm currently working on, it's just something I have planned

I also plan on releasing a SDK so people can make their custom war maps (one of the reasons why I'm trying to stay away from nodes, as these would probably make everything a lot harder to implement) - it would probably also be a good idea to provide versions of the cogs that are compatible with base JK.
Post 22-Jul-2017 01:28        

It's up. I included two levels. It cannot be played without the current version of JkGR however, which I'm now working on cleaning up for release. Should upload it later today.

Edit: It's up. Enjoy (also give feedback pls)
*** Post commands are unavailable for guests. ***