Oh yeah     (Moderator: BAH_Strike) Previous Topic | Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
 Author 

Hahahaha, this is the coolest thing ever. Please finish this project!
Post 28-Jul-2018 19:50        

I visit jkhub daily now because of this!
Post 29-Jul-2018 00:27        

just added AttachThingToThingNode support
and support to trigger a new cog message "keymarker" based on animation markers.

they are both used in this quick demo vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz7Nx-B4PIA
Post 29-Jul-2018 00:35        

keymarker:

markerID = GetSenderRef();

if(markerID == 0)
{
   // pick up cup
   AttachThingToThingNode(cup, dude, 7, '0.017 0.01 0.0', '-90 25 0');

Sleep(0.65);
   PlaySoundThing(drink, dude, 1.0, -1, -1, 0x80);
}

if(markerID == 1)
{
   // put cup back
   DetachThing(cup);
   SetThingPos(cup, cupstartpos);
   SetThingLook(cup, cupstartlook);

PlaySoundThing(place, cup, 1.0, -1, -1, 0x80);
}

return;
Post 29-Jul-2018 14:13        

Oh boy, that's amazing. There's something I've wanted to see for a long long time.

Although, wouldn't it make more sense for markerID to be the SenderID instead of SenderRef? As a developer, I think it would be nice for SenderRef to be the thing that sent the message (for capture/class cogs and the such), plus it would be more consistent with original JK messages. Also if possible, SourceRef could be the ID of the animation that sent the message (the one returned by PlayKey/PlayMode) if for whatever reason you want to stop an animation or something when said marker is reached (say, like a looping animation that should be stopped after playing N times).

Anyway, I really like what you're doing here, and am really hoping to see it finished!
Post 29-Jul-2018 18:11        

Looks sick. Since we're talkin about animation is this normal? Or is this more of an AI thing?

https://youtu.be/ddGEUPMp6ck
Post 29-Jul-2018 20:23        

LOL actually i broke every humanoid's aim orientation when working on fixing the turrets. its still broken. just 3 days ago i found that atan2(sin(x-y),cos(x-y)) is an excellent solution for finding the delta between a start/end degrees so the actor seizure problem might be solved soon.

libsa yea senderid would make sense but thres a couple crappy reasons why its not. in my framework senderid not a value u can supply when dispatching a message; it is determined internally based on any symbols that are linked.. so it would break the mold to make it supplied externally.
Post 30-Jul-2018 18:33        

LOL. Funny stuff. Still It's amazing what you did so far. I don't think any other Sith recreation got this far. Keep it going.
Post 18-Oct-2018 20:47        

BAH_Strike wrote:
LOL actually i broke every humanoid's aim orientation when working on fixing the turrets. its still broken. just 3 days ago i found that atan2(sin(x-y),cos(x-y)) is an excellent solution for finding the delta between a start/end degrees so the actor seizure problem might be solved soon.

libsa yea senderid would make sense but thres a couple crappy reasons why its not. in my framework senderid not a value u can supply when dispatching a message; it is determined internally based on any symbols that are linked.. so it would break the mold to make it supplied externally.

How is that going?
Also the new audio engine looks sick! Twisted Grin
*** Post commands are unavailable for guests. ***