The official chat room of the JK Editing Hub is #jkhub on irc.synirc.net (port 6667).
Discuss Anything Related to the Hub Site or JK Editing
Discuss editing ideas and problems. Talk about new addon and tool ideas. Suggest improvements for the Hub site. Avoid goofing off, unless no one is discussing editing.
Do not type or link to any of the following: insults, personal attacks, flames, sexual remarks, sexist remarks, racist remarks, obscenities, cursing, gore, nudity, or illegal material and actions.
- Open your IRC client program. (E.g. mIRC)
- Setup server and nick info in your client program. The usual fields are: "Full Name", "Email Address", "Nickname", and "Alternative".
- Connect to server, irc.synirc.net
- Register your nick: /msg nickserv register your_nick_password your_email (where your_nick_password is a pasword you make up; and your_email is a valid email address)
- An authentication command will be emailed to the email you used in the previous step. It should only take a few minutes to receive this email. Be sure to look for this email in your junk or spam folder, just in case.
- Enter the authentication command.
Every time you connect to irc.synirc.net:
- "Identify" yourself: /msg nickserv identify your_nick_password
- Join #jkhub: /join #jkhub