Several features can be enabled via Command-Line Parameters (sometimes called params, switches, or options).
To use Command-Line Parameters, create a shortcut file for running JK or MotS:
- Open Windows Explorer (the program that allows you to see files on your system).
- Go to the folder where Jedi Knight or Mysteries of the Sith is installed. By default, the folder is "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight" or "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Mysteries of the Sith". (On some Windows, Program Files might be replaced with Program Files (x86).)
- Create a shortcut to jk.exe or jkm.exe file: Right-click on the jk.exe or jkm.exe file. Click on Create Shortcut menu item. A new file will be created in the same folder; that is the shortcut.
- View the properties of the shortcut: Right-click on the shortcut file. Click on Properties menu item. A window opens showing the shortcut properties.
- Edit the Target box (which shows the full path of the Jedi Knight or Mysteries of the Sith executable): Type in the parameters after the path. (The -windowgui is needed on newer Windows and will show only the menu screens in a window. The -path Mod allows JK or MotS to load any mod files placed in the Mod folder.)
- "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jedi Knight\jk.exe" -windowgui -path Mod
- "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Mysteries of the Sith\jkm.exe" -windowgui -path Mod
You can use as many switches as you want, and the order isn't important.